Review & Approval
Review & Approval (R&A) is the Mediabank collaboration tool that lets customers approve, comment, or reject media content in their production or compliance process. During the production process, R&A is used to optimize the review & approval process by letting involved parties work in a user-friendly collaboration platform. The project members can be geographically dispersed and participate 100% in reviewing and commenting. Even when traveling, users can participate in the process from their cellular reviewing, adding, or reading comments as if they were physically present.
Review & Approval enables efficient and reliable workflows towards the final acceptance of your media content.
- When new media content is delivered, Mediabank will notify the users automatically.
- Content and annotations (comments) are immediately available to all resources involved in the process.
- It is accurate. Comments down to frame level are possible. The media player auto aligns with the annotations mark in/out. No need for manual search in the media content.
- It stores the approval dialog and comments in a documentation log online for later use.
- Mediabank users can consult resources not part of the review process through powerful collaboration tools and communication services (Quicklink). It is also possible to participate in the review process using a smartphone.
- Efficient revision handling. Making media revisions and documentation linked and always online.
- Powerful workflows can be designed and aligned with company policies.
- Media searches can be saved for later use and shared amongst users.
Mediabank consists of several integrated modules that Medibank applications share. Mediabank makes it easier for users to use and learn Mediabank applications by sharing modules.
This documentation refers to modules and components that this and other applications share.
The above image provides an overview of the different modules involved in the Review & Approval application. More detailed documentation can be found in the corresponding documents.
Many of the less frequently used sub-applications are available in the Header module. Information about switching accounts, different workspaces (W2, W3), login info, logo handling, and much more. Be aware that the Header module is related to all the other Mediabank applications and will change its content and functionality depending on the application you use.
A view of the Review & Approval header module is shown below:
Here you can find more information about the powerful search and filter functions in Mediabank. Everything from creating smart searches, manually grouping media files or using projects.
Asset module (WorkList)
The worklist contains your work files and their status. Information could be On Airdate, revisions, rejected in the approval process, or approved. The content is configured on customer preferences.
It contains information about the asset's identifiers and revisions. It even provides a shortcut to corresponding grouped media files. Read more about the title module Here.
The player module contains the frame-accurate media player. Read more about it and its different overlays in the Mediaplayer (Player module) article.
Learn how to navigate the media player and select sequences down to frame accuracy Here
Status & Action module (Annotations)
Learn how to change your asset status and notify resources during your review process here
This comprehensive module contains several functions for sharing, collaborating, making event clips, and more.
End of article