Welcome to Review & Approval
Review & Approval enables an efficient and reliable workflow towards the final approval of your media content. A few advantages:
- Users are automatically notified when new media content is delivered.
- Content and annotations (comments) are immediately available to all resources involved in the process.
- It is extremely accurate. Comments down to frame level are possible. The media player auto aligns with the annotations mark in/out. No need for manual search in the media content.
- It stores the approval dialog and comments in a documentation log, online for later use.
- Resources normally not part of the review process can easily be consulted through powerful collaboration tools and communication services (Quicklink). It is even possible to participate in the review process using a smartphone.
- Efficient revision handling. Making media revisions and documentation linked and always online.
- Powerful workflows can be designed and aligned to company policies.
Mediabank consists of modules. The same modules are also integrated and used in other Mediabank applications. This makes it easier for the user's to use and learn Mediabank applications. It also simplifies the documentation structure and provides more specific documentation that serves the user's needs better.
This documentation refers to modules and components that this and other applications share.
The above image provides an overview of the different modules involved in the Review & Approval application. More detailed documentation is described in the corresponding documents.
Many of the less frequently used sub-applications are available in the Header module. Information about how to switch accounts, different workspaces (W2, W3), login info, logo handling and much more. Be aware that the Header module is related to all the other Mediabank applications and will change its content and functionality depending on the application you use.
Here you can find more information about the powerful search and filter functions in Mediabank. Everything from creating smart searches, manually grouping media files or using projects. Information is also available from the section "Meta module" later in this article.
The asset module contains your work files and their status. Information could be On Airdate, revision, rejected in the approval process or approved. You decide the content that suits your needs best.
It contains information about the asset's main identifiers and revisions. It even provides a short cut to corresponding grouped media files. Read more about the title module here: Title module
The player module contains the frame-accurate media player. Read more about it and its different overlays.
Learn how to navigate around with the media player and select sequences down to frame accuracy.
Status & Action module
Learn how to change your asset status and notify resources during your review process here
This comprehensive module contains a number of functions for sharing, collaborating, making of event clips and much more.
Searching for Events: Meta module - Event search