Welcome to Library
Content of this article:
- Introduction to the 3 workspaces (W1,2 & 3)
- The difference between Thumb (W1) and List view (W2).
- The property Workspace 3
- Explain how to group a number of assets while working with them.
- How to share, export, download your assets for editing.
This article describes the basics of Library, including workspace 1-3. If you are looking for Events in workspace 4-5, go to article "Library Events". The same applies to the application Tags in workspace 6-7. Go to article "Library Tags" to learn more about it.
All articles refers to "Asset" or "Media file". It is actually the same "Media content", but the industry you are in, use them both, so they are both present in the Mediabank articles. Media content can also be referred to as "clips". Clips are short captures from your media content focusing on specific highlights or events from any match, game or race.
The Library application
- Meta module content
- Search module
- Search, how use the search function.
- Saved searches article contains information about Search in general and the pre-defined "Saved searches" you can create to work more efficient.
- Projects, similar to Saved searches, but has a more "manual" approach to add assets. Simply select the files, add it to a your project, and you are done. No rules or search parameter needed.
- Header module, common for all applications (Except AdEx)
- Title module
- Player module
- Navigation module
Thumb view vs List view (Workspace 1 & 2)
In the image below, you see the default view in your Library application. Many users prefer to see the asset listed with a larger poster window than a list view. However, with thousands of assets in the library, you might find it cumbersome to scroll trough them all to locate your asset(s). Especially if you are looking for several assets. But, combined with the search and filter functions, the thumb view may be the choice for you.
Below, you see two half windows illustrating the difference between the Thumb view (upper image) and the list view. The advantage list view can provide is sorting asset by date, title or any other metadata of your choice.
Workspace 3 (W3)
This workspace provides everything you need to know about your mediafile (asset). You can select an asset from both of the workspaces W1 and W2 and then click on W3. From the W3 workspace you can do the following:
- Play the media file in the player window or in full screen mode.
- Check the assets (media file) properties (metadata)
- Use the Share function to distribute the media content to other users or destinations
- Select/edit/create notification lists
- Publish the media content to predefined destinations
- Check and modify the assets Video parts
Temporarily Group assets
An additional function in Mediabank Library is the ability to group assets directly from the List or Thumb view.
Single asset in Thumb view (W1)
Within the thumb view workspace, you can select a single asset and perform numerous tasks.
You can, send it to the archive, download it on your own device for later viewing or editing, send it to a destination, temporarily share the final version with other people outside the project, update its metadata, view it in full screen mode or just browse trough it in the asset icon window.
Grouped assets - sometimes the asset posters have a green "link" icon present. These icons notifies you that this particular asset is grouped with one or more additional assets. By clicking on the icon, the asset will be presented in the Thumb or list view together with the other grouped assets. All other assets will be excluded in the view. The title module will also list the grouped assets in its title window when loading the asset in to the media player.
Scrubbing posters - By position your cursor over the asset in thumb view and holding down the left mouse button while hoovering to the left or right, you can view the asset content within seconds. Mediabank automatically produce scrubbing posters from the assets when they are uploaded/retrieved.
The black & white overlay to the right in the asset thumb view provides information and warnings.
W3 - Takes you to the asset property view and loads it into the media player. You will find all the information available, including the asset id and its metadata. If you have the rights, you can even modify the metadata in client defined fields.
Lock icon - when visible, the asset is locked for deletion.
Warning triangle - provides information about the assets temporary status or warnings. Warnings could be information about missing subtitles or that the asset only holds the proxy in mediabank. The original must be retrieved from backup or archive if needed.
More menu - Takes you to a read only view of the assets properties.
Action menu - Takes you to the M-boxes or Quick link features that enables you to send or share your asset to other destination.