Text outlined in green is changed from the previous release. All the screen-dumps are changed to reflect the 3.8.1 release
The Library Event application is available to Professional and Enterprise price plan customers only.
Event Search will search all events available to you. The availability may be limited by your rights within your Company/Group/User Id. It is visually almost identical to "asset search" available from workspace 1-3, with a few exceptions.
- Event search will not search for assets (media files). It will only search for events stored in the Elastic search engine database.
- It will search for any events from all the official Tags lists and Private lists that are made available to you.
- The "Event Search filters" are hierarchical like the asset search in W1 and W2. The second filter uses the result from the previous filter.
From December 2018, events can also be searched for and listed from Library workspace 1 & 2. The new function was released as "combined search". One search phrase returns results from both assets and events.
You do not need to load an asset into the media player. Just go to Workspace 4 or 5 and locate the "Search Events" Tab in the meta-module. In the below example, W5 (Events wide) is selected.
The X indicates the primary switch to reset/clear all present searches. When the X is visible, it indicates that a free text or saved searches are active.
The "Open filter search dialog" button is now similar to the asset search from W1
Another new function is the "Organize" button, replacing the previous "+New/Reset" function. Read more about it later in this article.
Free text search for Events (manual search)
Type your search criteria in the search window and press enter or the search button (magnifying glass).
When entering the Event search, your search result is empty. Clicking the magnifying glass without entering a search phrase will return the total amounts of events stored in your database.
Using the free text search only (without filters) will most likely return a result similar to this: "Results: 110983. Result limit 50". The search result can be adjusted to view 50-200 events. For search results above 200, use more specific search criteria or combine it with the use of search filters.
You can use the wild card symbol * to simplify your search. Searching for Cross-country skiing can be simplified by typing: cross* and will return all Cross-country and any other combination starting with cross.....
A search with the filter like Goal is likely to return to many athletes. Looking for a specific nation, you may combine that athlete in the manual search window like this: goal Tom Skeid. Add even more additional phrases to narrow your search result.
To enhance your search, use it with the powerful "Event Search Filter" described later in the article.
Be aware that searching in the free text for a simple phrase like "goal" will most likely return a search result that exceeds the number of results when using the filter search dialog.
The free text search is looking in all fields from events, while event type goal only returns results when event_type=“goal”
How to Clear/reset your searches.
To clear your manual search or saved searches, simply press the X in the search frame.
Using the Event Search filter
Related to the below image the following applies:
If you frequently search for the same topics we recommend to define search filters and save them. Your saved filter searches will be added to the Search event tabs. You can also have saved searches from other users in the Tab. To Remove a search from the Tab, you make the search active by clicking it and then click the X to hide it. You can also use the organize button to manage your saved searches.
Manual search Is described above, but remember that it is also great to use in combination with filters. Note that the free text search will also be saved together with your filters.
Selecting ALL will produce a search result when all filter criteria are met (default). It will also set the "Event Search filters" to hierarchical mode. The second filter uses the result from the previous filter.
Selecting ANY will result in a wider search result and you will get a combined search result for each of the filters that are met.
Before saving your search, you must decide the filters visibility to other users. You have three options:
- Make private: Available and visible only to you.
- Make visible for groups: Select from available user groups in the drop-down menu. Your filter is read/use only for other users. They cannot delete your filter.
- Public: Available as read/use only for all users in your account. They cannot delete your filter.
When finished, press "save" and name your search.
One of the labels contains "List type". To avoid duplicates when searching for Events, you should consider selecting "Official". Mediabank will, by default search in all lists and by selecting "Official" you filter out other users events and copies of the official log.
Creating and distributing Clips
Select the events to distribute/publish. Once selected, you may add them to an existing clip list or to a destination M-box for immediate distribution or publishing.
There are two types of Events that Mediabank uses.
- Events that log incidents. Incidents contain an incident time and a pre-roll value. Typically a goal/crash/fall/etc. Anything that needs to display what caused the incidents. (You need a pre-roll).
- Events that log "happenings". Happenings contain start time and duration. It has a pre-roll value set to zero. Typically an interview/athlete warm-up/ceremony/etc. (You just need a start value and duration)
Mediabank will recognize the Mediabank events and produce clips without modifications. Following rules apply:
- If the "Use Pre/post Roll" box is checked, then all selected events will be cut to the default duration.
- "Happenings" without a pre-roll value will get the default pre-roll value deducted from its start time and duration will be as default.
- If the "Use Pre/post Roll" box" is NOT checked
- Incidents with valid pre-roll values will be handled without modifications.
- Happenings with valid time/duration will be handled without modifications.
- Any Event without a valid log will initiate Mediabank to use the present default pre/post roll values even if the checkbox is not checked.
When selecting Add to "clip for.....", the clip will be stored in the clip list tab for further processing/editing. Selecting Add to Mbox will publish the clips depending on the M-box settings.
Difference between the Tabs "Tag list" and "Search Events"
You can create a clip list from both but:
- Taglist is preferred when your focus is on a specific event. The log provides event specific Tags only
- Search Events has a more general approach. The whole Mediabank Log of Tags/Events is available.
------ End of article ------