The Library Event application is available to Professional and Enterprise price plan customers only.
Event Search will search all events available to you. The availability may be limited by your rights within your Company/Group/User Id. It is visually almost identical to "asset search" available from workspace 1-3, with a few exceptions.
- Event search will not search for assets (media files). It will only search events stored in the Elastic search engine database.
- It will search for any events from all the official Tags lists and Private lists that are made available to you.
- The "Event Search filters" are hierarchical. The second filter uses the result from the previous filter.
From December 2018, events can also be searched for and listed from Library workspace 1 & 2. The new function was released as "combined search". One search phrase returns results from both assets and events.
You do not need to load an asset into the media player. Just go to Workspace 4, 5 or 6 and locate "Search Events" Tab in the meta-module. In the below example, workspace 6 (Tags edit) is selected.
Manual search for Events
Type your search criteria in the search window and press the search button.
When entering Event search, your search result is empty. Clicking the magnifying glass without entering a search phrase will return the total amounts of events stored in your database.
Using the manual search only (without filters) will most likely return a result similar to this: "Results: 11098. Result limit 50". The search result can be adjusted to view 50-200 events. For search results above 200, use more specific search criteria or combine it with the use of search filters.
You can use the wild card symbol * to simplify your search. Searching for Cross-country skiing can be simplified by typing: cros* and will return all Cross-country and any other combination starting with cros.....
A search with the filter like Goal is likely to return to many athletes. Looking for a specific nation, you may combine that athlete in the manual search window like this: goal finland. Add additional phrases to narrow your search result.
To enhance your search, even more, use it with the powerful "Event Search Filter" described later in the article.
How to Clear/reset your searches.
To clear your manual search only (1), you simply press the X in the search frame.
Press the (2) "+New/Reset" to clear and reset both the manual search and the Event search filters.
Using the Event Search filter
Related to the below image the following applies:
(1) - If you frequently search for the same topics we recommend to define search filters and save them. Your saved search will be added both to the tabs and in the saved search list (5). You can also have Searches from other users in the Tab. To Remove a search from the Tab, you make the search active by clicking it and then click the X to remove it.
It will not be deleted, and you can make it visible again from the Saved Searches folder (5)
(2) - Manual search Is described above, but remember that it is also great to use in combination with filters. Note that the manual search will also be saved together with your filters.
Using search filters
(1) - Click the "Event Search filter" folder to open it.
Selecting ALL will produce a search result when all filter criteria are met. (default)
It will also set the "Event Search filters" to hierarchical mode. The second filter use the result from the previous filter.
Selecting ANY will result in a wider search result and you will get a combined search result for each of the filters that are met.
(2) Select your first search criteria (label). These labels are defined by your administrator and depends on the available metadata structure. Then select the search switch. ("Is equal" is the default and most frequently used switch). And finally the folders sub category. If you need additional search filters to narrow your search, just click the + sign to create a new and continue to make your selections from available categories and Event types.
4) Press "Show results" to test your defined filters.
(5) Event date.
You can narrow your search further by marking the Event date and define a time span for your filter. It can be specified down to accuracy of hours.
(6) Before saving your search, you must decide the filters visibility to other users. You have three options:
- Make private: Available and visible only to you.
- Make visible for groups: Select from available usergroups in the drop-down menu. Your filter is read/use only for other users. They can not delete your filter.
- Public: Available as read/use only for all users in your account. They can not delete your filter.
(7)(8) When finished, name your search and press save.
(9) Saved Filters from you and other users are stored here.
One of the labels contains "List type". To avoid duplicates when searching for Events, you should consider to select "Official". Mediabank will, by default search in all lists and by selecting "Official" you filter out other users events and copies of the official log.
Creating and distributing Clips
Select the events to distribute/publish. Once selected, you may add them to an existing clip list or to a destination M-box for immediate distribution or publishing.
There are two types of Events that Mediabank use in the Olympics.
- Events that log incidents. Incidents contains incident time and a pre-roll value. Typically a goal/crash/fall/etc. Anything that need to display what caused the incidents. (You need a pre-roll).
- Events that log "happenings". Happenings contains start time and duration. It has a pre-roll value set to zero. Typically an interview/athlete warm-up/ceremony/etc. (You just need a start value and duration)
Mediabank will recognize the Mediabank events and produce clips without modifications. Following rules apply:
- If the "Use Pre/post Roll" box is checked, then all selected events will be cut to the default duration.
- "Happenings" without pre-roll value will get the default pre-roll value deducted from its start time and duration will be as default.
- If the "Use Pre/post Roll" box" is NOT checked
- Incidents with valid pre-roll values will be handled without modifications.
- Happenings with valid time/duration will be handled without modifications.
- Any Event without valid log will initiate Mediabank to use the present default pre/post roll values even if checkbox is not checked.
Difference between the Tabs "Tag list" and "Search Events"
You can create a cliplist from both but:
- Taglist is preferred when your focus is on a specific event. The log provides event specific Tags only
- Search Events has a more general approach. The whole Mediabank Log of Tags/Events are available.
How to Create clips
You need a a container/folder to store your clips. First step is to create a cliplist and make it active.
(1) Select the Cliplist Tab and Click (2) "+New/Open" to prepare a new list. (3) Name the new list and fill in a short description. Make the list private, selected groups or public. Then press (4) to "Create list".
You have created a list.
All cliplists available in Mediabank can be found below the "Create list" button. Use the search function to locate relevant lists from other users or your own. Existing cliplists (5) from other users must be duplicated (7) before you can edit (6) the copy. Load it in the Tab (8) to make the cliplist easy accessible.
To remove unwanted cliplists from the Tab, just press the X to the right of the cliplist name. You can not delete or modify other users cliplists. To delete your own, locate it in the list view and press the X to the right of the Owner column.
Go to the Event search Tab
In the below example, you have selected 3 Events for the Cliplist. Mediabank will calculate to total duration for your selected Events.
Selecting an Event will activate Mediabank to locate the asset and load it into the player and align the Event, ready to be played.
Pressing view Clip will simply force the player to play that event only.
"Load clip" button will initiate the timeline to align the event and view its time properties.
"Add to cliplist" button will retrieve the cliplists you decided to keep in your Cliplist Tab folder. It will enable you to work on multiple cliplists simultaneously.
Click on "anders test" or Hockey assists" to add your events to the cliplist.
The same procedure applies from the Tag list, except from the clip duration visibility.
The Clip list Tab
Selecting the Cliplist Tab will reveal your different cliplist(s) and their contents. You have the option to delete unwanted clips by pressing the X to the right, but also re-arrange the clips order.
When ready to distribute/publish the event clips, you simply follow the instructions.
A number to the right of the selected M-Box will appear. The number reflects the number of event clips the M-Box holds. You can choose to add additional clips from other cliplists before you decide to publish them.
When ready for publishing, just click once on the M-box. The M-Box will open and reveal its content. When adding event clips from the cliplist, the cliplist name (1) will be inserted as a prefix. You may change it.
(2) Stitch. You can choose to send the event clips as separate media files, or stitch them into one larger mediafile.
(3) You may choose additional notification lists, but each destination M-Box has its own predefined receivers that are notified automatically.
You still have the final opportunity to delete one or more of the event clips. Press the X to the right to remove it from the M-Box.
(4) If you need to add additional clips later, just press "close" button and the M-Box will close with its content intact, waiting for additional clips.
(5) Regret the whole distribution/publishing?, Click "Empty M-Box" and the content is cleared.
(6) Finally, pressing "execute" will deliver the content to its destination without any need for additional forms/password etc.
Your mediaclips are on its way.