Event Search will search all events available to you. It is visually almost identical to "asset search" available from workspace 1-3, with a few exceptions.
- Event search will only search the log for "Tagged" events. It will not search for assets or clips.
- It will search any events in the Mediabank official Tags lists or other lists that are made available to you.
You do not need to load any asset into the media player. Just go to Workspace 4 or 5 and locate "Search Events" Tab in the meta module.
How to Clear/reset you searches.
To clear your manual search only (1), you simply press the X in the search frame.
Press the (2) "+New/Reset" to clear and reset both the manual search and the Event search filters.
Manual search for Events
Type your search criteria in the search window and press the search button.
When entering Event search, your search result is empty. Clicking the magnifying glass without entering a search phrase will return the total amounts of events stored in your database.
Using the manual search only (without filters) will most likely return a result similar to this: "Results: 1098. Result limit 50". The search result can be adjusted to view 50-200 events. For search results above 200, use a more specific search criteria or combine it with the use of search filters.
You can use the wild card symbol * to simplify your search. Searching for Cross-country skiing can be simplified by typing: cros* and will return all Cross-country and any other combination starting with cros.....
A search with filter like Goal are likely to return to many athletes. Looking for a specific nation, you may combine that athlete in the manual search window like this: goal finland. Add additional phrases to narrow your search result.
To enhance your search even more, use it with the powerful "Event Search Filter" described below.
The Event Search filter
Related to the below image the following applies:
(1) - Keep your most frequent searches in the Tab. If you frequently search the same topics we recommend to define search filters and save them. Your saved search will be added both to the tabs and in the saved search list (5). You can also use Event searches filters from other users in the Tab. To Remove a search from the Tab, click the X in the tab to remove it.
It will not be deleted, and you can make it visible again from the Saved searches folder (5)
(2) - Manual search Is described above, but remember that it is also great to use in combination with filters. Note that the manual search will also be saved together with your filters if you forget to clear the phrases.
Using search filters
(1) - Click the "Event Search filter" folder to open it.
Selecting ALL will produce a search result when all filter criteria are met. (default)
It will also set the "Event Search filters" to hierarchical mode. The second filter use the result from the previous filter.
Selecting ANY will result in a wider search result and you will get a combined search result for each of the filters that are met.
(2) Select your first search criteria (label). These labels are defined by your administrator and depends on the available metadata structure. Then select the search switch. ("Is equal" is the default and most frequently used switch). And finally the folders sub category. If you need additional search filters to narrow your search, just click the + sign to create a new and continue to make your selections from available categories and Event types.
(4) Press "Show results" to test your defined filters.
(5) Event date.
You can narrow your search further by marking the Event date and define a time span for your filter. It can be specified down to accuracy of hours.
(6) Before saving your search, you must decide the filters visibility to other users. You have three options:
- Make private: Available and visible only to you.
- Make visible for groups: Select from available usergroups in the drop-down menu. Your filter is read/use only for other users. They can not delete your filter.
- Public: Available as read/use only for all users in your account. They can not delete your filter.
(7)(8) When finished, name your search and press save.
(9) Saved Filters from you and other users are stored here.
One of the labels contains "List type". To avoid duplicates when searching for Events, you should consider to select "Official". Mediabank will, by default search in all lists and by selecting "Official" you filter out other users events and copies of the official log.
What to do next?
Read related articles about Clip list and Publishing