Creating and distributing Clips
Select the events to distribute/publish. Once selected, you may add them to an existing clip list or to a destination M-box for immediate distribution or publishing.
There are two types of Events that Mediabank use in the Olympics.
- Events that log incidents. Incidents contains incident time and a pre-roll value. Typically a goal/crash/fall/etc. Anything that need to display what caused the incidents. (You need a pre-roll).
- Events that log "happenings". Happenings contains start time and duration. It has a pre-roll value set to zero. Typically an interview/athlete warm-up/ceremony/etc. (You just need a start value and duration)
Mediabank will recognize the Mediabank events and produce clips without modifications. Following rules apply:
- If the "Use Pre/post Roll" box is checked, then all selected events will be cut to the default duration.
- "Happenings" without pre-roll value will get the default pre-roll value deducted from its start time and duration will be as default.
- If the "Use Pre/post Roll" box" is NOT checked
- Incidents with valid pre-roll values will be handled without modifications.
- Happenings with valid time/duration will be handled without modifications.
- Any Event without valid log will initiate Mediabank to use the present default pre/post roll values even if checkbox is not checked.
Difference between the Tabs "Tag list" and "Search Events"
You can create a cliplist from both but:
- Taglist is preferred when your focus is on a specific event. The log provides event specific Tags only
- Search Events has a more general approach. The whole Mediabank Log of Tags/Events are available.
How to Create clips
You need a a container/folder to store your clips. First step is to create a cliplist and make it active.
(1) Select the Cliplist Tab and Click (2) "+New/Open" to prepare a new list. (3) Name the new list and fill in a short description. Make the list private, selected groups or public. Then press (4) to "Create list".
You have created a list.
All cliplists available in Mediabank can be found below the "Create list" button. Use the search function to locate relevant lists from other users or your own. Existing cliplists (5) from other users must be duplicated (7) before you can edit (6) the copy. Load it in the Tab (8) to make the cliplist easy accessible.
To remove unwanted cliplists from the Tab, just press the X to the right of the cliplist name. You can not delete or modify other users cliplists. To delete your own, locate it in the list view and press the X to the right of the Owner column.
Go to the Event search Tab
In the below example, you have selected 3 Events for the Cliplist. Mediabank will calculate to total duration for your selected Events.
Selecting an Event will activate Mediabank to locate the asset and load it into the player and align the Event, ready to be played.
Pressing view Clip will simply force the player to play that event only.
"Load clip" button will initiate the timeline to align the event and view its time properties.
"Add to cliplist" button will retrieve the cliplists you decided to keep in your Cliplist Tab folder. It will enable you to work on multiple cliplists simultaneously.
Click on "anders test" or Hockey assists" to add your events to the cliplist.
The same procedure applies from the Tag list, except from the clip duration visibility.
The Clip list Tab
Selecting the Cliplist Tab will reveal your different cliplist(s) and their contents. You have the option to delete unwanted clips by pressing the X to the right, but also re-arrange the clips order.
When ready to distribute/publish the event clips, you simply follow the instructions.
A number to the right of the selected M-Box will appear. The number reflects the number of event clips the M-Box holds. You can choose to add additional clips from other cliplists before you decide to publish them.
When ready for publishing, just click once on the M-box. The M-Box will open and reveal its content. When adding event clips from the cliplist, the cliplist name (1) will be inserted as a prefix. You may change it.
(2) Stitch. You can choose to send the event clips as separate media files, or stitch them into one larger mediafile.
(3) You may choose additional notification lists, but each destination M-Box has its own predefined receivers that are notified automatically.
You still have the final opportunity to delete one or more of the event clips. Press the X to the right to remove it from the M-Box.
(4) If you need to add additional clips later, just press "close" button and the M-Box will close with its content intact, waiting for additional clips.
(5) Regret the whole distribution/publishing?, Click "Empty M-Box" and the content is cleared.
(6) Finally, pressing "execute" will deliver the content to its destination without any need for additional forms/password etc.
Your mediaclips are on its way.