Tips on how you can get to know Mediabank, how to use it during the Olympics 2018.
- Welcome to Mediabank
- Getting familiar with all the great features of Library
- Uploading your Olympic footage the fast way
- Share and make your material available for everyone.
1. Welcome to Mediabank:
Welcome to this guide specially aimed for Reporters and ENG personell working with the Olympics Pyongchang 2018.
If you need more information about how to log in or get an account, please start by watching this video tutorial:
Please note that you always will find information on how to contact support and support articles from the top main menu.
Thank you for using Mediabank.
2. Getting familiar with all the great features of Library:
To the left in Library (W1-4) you will always find the asset search module. Please note that the search results are best shown in W2 (listview) or W1 (thumbview). The asset search lets you search within all available assets, using advanced and smart search methods, saving and sharing your searches in a fast and well-presented way.
If you want more detailed information on how to use these great asset search features, please see our video tutorial:
Here are some tips on how you as a Reporter may use the search function in Mediabank:
- The top text-box is a «google style» free text search, including use of «», *, + and -. Use the free text search if you have unike information such as the «exact title».
- Use smart search for results within a special sport, venue, ClipType and so on.
- Use W2 for a good overview of your search results and the possibility to sort by the columns values. (Use the W2 settings option, found in your Dashboard, for individual settings).
- Use predefined saved searches and save your own for later use. Please note that if your search criteria fits, asset ingested in the future will appear in your saved search
- Eg: save a search with TagsClipType equal to Main Event to only get the main event assets in your result and not all the AutoClips created during the live event-feeds.
You will find written documentation about the asset search here:
3. Uploading your Olympic footage the fast way.
You might at some time have to upload your material to Library in Mediabank without the convenience of being close to a broadcast senter with upload possibilities. If so, you should use the AdEx service in Mediabank. For written documentation on how to use AdEx, please see:
Here are some tips on how you as a Reporter should use the AdEx to upload assets into Mediabank:
- Please use upload to my account and the right destination for your use. Please note that when choosing destination you trigger different forms to fill out under tag.
- Please be thorough when adding as much data as possible in the tags forms. What you write here will make it possible for both you and your colleagues to find the right content. This data is what makes your asset searchable.
- The Description box should contain as much information about the content of your clip as possible. E.g. if it is an interview, atmosphere, part of a specific program etc.
- All material uploaded will be available for all markets, but please set Target Market for content specific made for a country - your own or others.
- The Keywords box should contain «one word» information that is not covered by the other fields. Tip: If you agree on some keywords before filming, you might get it easier when searching to find it later.
4. Share and make your material available for everyone
As a reporter you will love using the many great features found in the Library workspace 1 - 3. Here you are able to find exactly what you are looking for and share clips, even with people not logged in to Mediabank.
To get an in dept knowledge about what you can do in the first three workspaces of Library, please watch the video tutorial:
Here are some tips on how you as a Reporter may use Library to find and share assets in Mediabank:
- View clips in W3 and find all metadata associated on the right hand side. Note that the player is only showing a proxy of the original asset.
- In addition to viewing the properties of the asset, you may choose to share via Quicklink and make your own notification lists from the tabs in W3.
- Quicklink is for sharing to those not logged into Mediabank
- Copy asset link for sharing within Mediabank to all the different local markets. You may share the link using communication channels on Slack set up for the Olympics.
- Look for the right M-box for your use. Information should be available from you local admin. Tip: See the graphics on the M-box for a quick overview of what the M-box will do, or single-click on it to get more information.
You will find written documentation about the Library features here:
If you are familiar with the Library service and want a quicker tutorial on the different ways to share in Mediabank, please see the video tutorial:
or just the video tutorial summary/reminder of the different sharing possibilities:
This concludes the quick user guide for Reporters and ENG crew.
Thanks for you time and best of luck with your work during the Olympics.