Tips on how you can get to know Mediabank, how to use it during the Olympics 2018
- Welcome to Mediabank
- Search in Library to find the most important media files
- What happened, when? Search the log to find highlights.
- Add Sharing Agency unique metadata to enrich the story
- Share the best content with everyone
1. Welcome to Mediabank:
Welcome to this guide specially aimed for Sharing Agency crew working with the Olympics Pyongchang 2018.
If you need more information about how to log in or get an account, please start by watching this video tutorial:
Please note that you always will find information on how to contact support and support articles from the top main menu.
Thank you for using Mediabank.
2. Search in Library to find the most important media files:
To the left in Library (W1-4) you will always find the asset search module. Please note that the search results are best shown in W2 (listview) or W1 (thumbview). The asset search lets you search within all available assets, using advanced and smart search methods, saving and sharing your searches in a fast and well-presented way.
If you want more detailed information on how to use these great asset search features, please see our video tutorial:
In addition to the main media files the Library also contains shorter sub-clips, called AutoClips. These clips are created from chosen tagged situations in the live event-feeds from Pyeongchang. The clips are saved with ClipType AutoClip in Library, and are made available while the main live event is still happening. As a Sharing Agency crew you may share these AutoClips via the Copy asset link feature almost instantly after the chosen tagged Event took place.
If you want more knowledge on how to use the first three workspaces in Library, please see our video tutorial:
Here are some tips on how you as a Sharing Agency crew may use the search function:
- The top text-box is a «google style» free text search, including use of «», *, + and -. You may free text search for AutoClips that has been created from the log; e.g search for: gfx results or name of athlete and end race. The AutoClips has titles that include Event type and athlete names.
- Use smart search for results within a special sport, venue, ClipType and so on. E.g. Search for ClipType AutoClip and set created today, and you will get shorter clips from the live event-feeds as they happen.
- Use W2 for a good overview of your search results and the possibility to sort by the columns values. (Use the W2 settings option, found in your Dashboard, for individual settings).
- Save searches for later use. Please note that if your search criteria fits, asset ingested in the future will appear in your saved search result.
- Eg: save a search for AutoClips and Gfx and you will get all the on screen graphics posters, as start lists and results, in you search result.
You will find written documentation about the asset search here:
3. What happened, when? Search the log to find highlights:
As a Sharing Agency member the W4/5 in Library will probably be the best and easiest place for you to find the the «clip of the day» or «highlights of the week».
Everything of importance that happens in the live event-feeds from Pyeyongchang will be tagged and made searchable through the Search events feature. When the happening is fully recorded, you may produce clips with the tagged Events using the Cliplist feature. Tip: The named Cliplists are a good way of keeping track of your best clips and they may easily be distributed via M-boxes if you choose.
If you want more in dept information on how to search and use the Events inside the different sport feeds, please see our video tutorial about Library Tags and Events in workspaces 4 and 5:
Here are some tips on how you as a Sharing Agency member may use W4/W5 events:
- Please note that there is a big difference between searching for tags/events in the log and the assets search in Using the search events modul will give you results from the log across assets, such as specific athletes and emotions. While asset search, as you know it, gives you results within titles and metadata linked to each asset.
- Search for events will search all assets from all venues available in your account, not only the asset loaded in the player. For search within one asset use search in the Taglist
- Use event search filters to narrow your search and save search for keeping or sharing. E.g. save an event search that contains Event type; end_race to get every athlete at the finish line.
- Mark your chosen Events and make Cliplists with f.ex. «todays highlights»
You will find written documentation about the use of events here:
And written documentation about the use of Cliplists here:
4. Add Sharing Agency unique metadata to enrich the story:
As a member of the Sharing Agency crew, you are able to update and change metadata for all assets ingested to Mediabank during the Olympics 2018. Please be aware that this could be misused and should be used with caution.
- No matter where you are located you should always work in the «Discovery Networks International» account.
- After finding the asset you would like to update metadata for, you should proceed to W3 and the Properties Under Client defined fields you will find all editable metadata for this asset.
- Please note that if you write in some of the fields you will overwrite any information that was there already.
- Look for Sharing Agency specific fields or add your comments in exciting ones. You may give the asset your rating or write your recommendation tips in description fields. You may use these fields freely for marking clips of interest.
- Please use as unike keywords as possible to make these assets as easy searchable as possible.
- When you are done writing you may click Update meta for changing metadata on this asset only (only in DNI account) or Update meta for all mirrored assets to change the metadata on all linked Olympic accounts.
5. Share the best content with everyone:
Sharing is caring, and you as a Sharing Agency member may increase the good Olympic experience to every country in the Discovery family.
Your main method of communication with the markeds will be through the allocated Olympic Slack channel. When you use the copy asset link feature in Library you may do a direct paste of the link in Slack or any other communication platform of your choice. The media file that you have linked will be available for all markeds with their own chosen default audio. Please note that the right country audio will be included and all 16 channels made available with AutoClips, even though only the I-mix is available for you in the Discovery International account.
The data that you have provided in the properties tab of each asset makes it easy to search for good content for everyone. When you find the keywords you would like to use, please inform the markets on how they may search to find the content you picked out for all markets to use. Tip: All markets should make saved searches containing your unike keywords.
Each markeds will also have M-boxes that you as a Sharing Agency member may use. Place content in the predefined M-boxes for sending assets to the right destination, in the right format, seamlessly.
Tip: See the graphics on the M-box for a quick overview of what the M-box will do, or single-click on it to get more information.
This concludes the quick user guide for Sharing Agency crew.
Thanks for you time and best of luck with your work during the Olympics.