Tips on how you can get to know Mediabank, how to use it during the Olympics 2018
- Welcome to Mediabank
- Finding the right content is made easy in the Library
- Every Olympic moment is logged for you to use
- Get the content you need, fast and easy, to your edit suite
- Sharing your edits with the whole Discovery family.
1. Welcome to Mediabank:
Welcome to this guide specially aimed for Editors working with the Olympics Pyongchang 2018.
If you need more information about how to log in or get an account, please start by watching this video tutorial:
Please note that you always will find information on how to contact support and support articles from the top main menu.
Thank you for using Mediabank.
2. Finding the right content is made easy in the Library:
To the left in Library (W1-4) you will always find the asset search module. Please note that the search results are best shown in W2 (listview) or W1 (thumbview). The asset search lets you search within all available assets, using advanced and smart search methods, saving and sharing your searches in a fast and well-presented way.
If you want more detailed information on how to use these great asset search features, please see our video tutorial:
Here are some tips on how you as an Editor may use the search function in Mediabank:
- The top text-box is a «google style» free text search, including use of «», *, + and -. Use the free text search if you have unike information such as the «exact title».
- Use smart search for results within a special sport, venue, ClipType and so on.
- Use W2 for a good overview of your search results and the possibility to sort by the columns values. (Use the W2 settings option, found in your Dashboard, for individual settings).
- Use predefined saved searches and save your own for later use. Please note that if your search criteria fits, asset ingested in the future will appear in your saved search
- Eg: save a search with TagsClipType equal to Main Event to only get the main event assets in your result and not all the AutoClips created during the live feed.
You will find written documentation about the asset search here:
3. Every Olympic moment is logged for you to use:
As an Editor you will find the Search events feature in W4/5 as a great tool to search for specific events that take place during the live event-feeds from Pyeongchang. Everything of importance will be tagged and made searchable. When the happening is fully recorded sub-clips can be produced from W4 and W5 and distributed via M-boxes.
If you want more in dept information on how to search and use the events inside the different sport feeds, please see our video tutorial about Library Tags and Events in workspaces 4 and 5:
Chosen tagged situations in the live event-feeds from Pyeongchang will automatically create sub-clips, called AutoClips, as they happen. These AutoClips will be made available for you in the Library almost instantly.
Please see the support section of «Customer specific guides» or the Olympic Slack channels to find information on which tagged Events that trigger AutoClips and how they can be searched for.
Please note that, even if you only find the international audio available in the mediabank-player, distributing the AutoClip via M-box will generate all 16 audio tracks (i-mix and commentaries) available for you to use in your edit.
Here are some tips on how you as an Editor may use W4/W5 events:
- Please note that there is a big difference between searching for tags/events in the log and the assets search in Using the search events modul will give you results from the log across assets, such as specific athletes and emotions. While asset search, as you know it, gives you results within titles and metadata linked to each asset.
- Prepare your edit using AutoClips generated while the main event still occurs. Send them to your edit suite via your assigned M-box.
- Search for events will search across all assets from all venues available in your account, not only the asset loaded in the player. For search within one asset use search in the Taglist
- Use event search filters to narrow your search and save searches for keeping.
- Mark your chosen Events and make Cliplists of your interest.
- Tip: Make Cliplists and name them with content, e.g. «nice crashes», «happy athletes», «atmosphere» and so on. Add clips that will be «good to have» to the different Cliplists and they are easy accessible when you want them in an edit later. It is easy to send whole Cliplists via your M-box.
You will find written documentation about the use of events here:
And written documentation about the use of Cliplists here:
4. Get the content you need, fast and easy, to your edit suite:
All media files in Mediabank can be made available for you as an Editor by using assigned M-boxes for your market. Place assets in the predefined M-box for sending wanted material to your edit suite in the right format and notify the takers with the use of your Notification lists.
Please note that you are not allowed direct download of full quality files from Mediabank. All broadcast content should be downloaded via the M-box service.
You may add assets directly to M-boxes via the action menu from the Library W1-3 or add whole Cliplists in W4/5. Please remember to click the M-box, fill in fields and Execute for delivery before your done.
If you want more knowledge on how to use the first three workspaces in Library, please see our video tutorial:
Here are some tips on how you as an Editor may fetch assets from Mediabank:
- Look for the right M-box for your use. Information should be available from you local admin. Tip: See the graphics on the M-box for a quick overview of what the M-box will do, or single-click on it to get more information.
- Add several clips at once, for instant via a saved search, by marking the right assets and using the top/main menu.
- Add clips to your M-box from different workspaces, Cliplists and search results before checking the content in the M-box and Execute.
5. Sharing your edits with the whole Discovery family:
If you are working as an Editor in Korea you will mainly upload your work via EVS Ingest Funnel at the IBC. If you are not working close to a broadcast senter with upload possibilities, you might have to upload your material to Library in Mediabank directly from your own computer. If so, you should use the AdEx service in Mediabank, e.g. if you are in an hotel room.
For written documentation on how to use AdEx, please see:
Here are some tips on how you as an Editor should use AdEx to upload assets into Mediabank:
- Please use upload to my account and the right destination for your use. Please note that when choosing destination you trigger different forms to fill out under tag.
- Please be thorough when adding as much data as possible in the tags forms. What you write here will make it possible for both you and your colleagues to find the right content. This data is what makes your asset searchable.
- The Description box should contain as much information about the content of your clip as possible. E.g. if it is an interview, atmosphere, part of a specific program etc.
- All material uploaded will be available for all markets, but please set Target Market for content specific made for a country - your own or others.
- The Keywords box should contain «one word» information that is not covered by the other fields. Tip: If you agree on some keywords before filming, you might get it easier when searching to find later.
This concludes the quick user guide for Editors.
Thanks for you time and best of luck with your work during the Olympics.