GET STARTED WITH MEDIABANK
This article is available as a pdf attachment
This guide provides guidelines on how to get started with Mediabank, create an account and log in, as well as an overview of your personal dashboard.
Request an account
To get started, go to www.mediabank.com. We support all major browsers but recommend Google Chrome.
If your company already has a Mediabank account, all you need to do to get your own user account is to click on “account” and choose “get user account”. Then simply write your company name and fill in your information on the next page. Once your local administrator has approved of your account, you will get an e-mail with the log- in information.
We recommend that the selected username is the same as your Email address to guarantee your uniqueness in Mediabank.
If you have a user account, simply click the “sign in” button. You can log in with either your username, email or phone number. If you forget your password, you can request a temporary password via the following link: https://www.mediabank.me/forgotpwd.php.
Once you are logged in, you are directed to your personal dashboard.
The first time you sign in, you are welcomed by a widget that suggests a short tour of the dashboard. It will show and explain the different parts of the dashboard, as well as providing information about what the applications do and how to change your settings.
Mediabank Dashboard is a personal board providing your most essential information compressed in one workspace.
A user and an administrator share the same Dashboard except an additional administrative user management module for the admin role.
Overview of dashboard modules
Later in the article, we refer to “the main menu”. The menu is located at the top middle in your screen, above the dashboards modules.
The Dashboard currently utilizes 4 user information modules and an additional user admin module for the local admin role.
- Time/Date module simply retrieves your local machine time/date and present it on your Dashboard. This is important to check when you are working in the Library Tags workspace (Live) since every Tag you create will use this time and date as reference.
- Settings are your own administrative configuration space to personalize your work environment.
- Your personal Identification module, that provides your name, your current account, and your role in the present account. The present roles are "User" or "Admin". For users with multiple accounts, it is possible to change your active account from this module.
- The Navigation module presents the available applications for the specific account. You have the rights to use the applications illustrated in color.
Show assets during upload.
- On = You will see incoming media clips represented by a placeholder during conversions & poster/proxy generation.
- Off = The media clip will not appear in the list/thumb view until all stages are completed.
Default Items per page defines the number of media clips visible in one page in thumb/list view.
Tired of pop-ups? Select No to hide the informative pop-up menu.
List view columns - Library W2 settings.
These settings apply to Library W2 List view only. You have 3 options, to use the default Library settings, configure your own settings, or use/modify the selected group settings.
Modifying your personal preferences
This applies to the Library workspace 2 (W2) only. Workspace 2 provides a list view of all your assets with predefined column categories. Mediabank allows you to personalize the workspace to your preference. You can choose from 3 available options:
- Default Library settings
- Your own personalized settings
- Group settings
Select "My settings" and click in the edit button to open the "Edit personal settings" window. You can change the order, width and title of the columns. In addition, you can remove or add columns to enhance your personal workspace. The changes affect your account only.
If you are a member of multiple groups, you can choose the group that is most relevant for you. You can alter the settings as the "personal settings".
Changing the group setting affects all users in that group. Consider their consent prior to your modifications.
The main menu is located at the top of the page. The menu provides the tasks and actions available for the application that you are in. You can also use the main menu to navigate between the applications. If you are an administrator, this is where you can conduct different administrative tasks such as managing user accounts or the app- and group configuration. These will be grayed out if you are not an administrator.
There is a “help” button located in the bottom left corner. Simply click it and let it know what you need help with. It will do its best to find what you are looking for. If you need further help, you can use the live chat to contact our support team, or you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org