This workspace provides everything you need to know about your media file (asset). Select an asset from the Thumb or List view workspaces (W1 or W2), and then click on W3. Or go directly to the Asset properties (W3) and locate the asset using the search functions.
From the W3 workspace, it is possible to do the following:
- Play the media file in the player window or in full-screen mode.
- Check the assets (media file) properties (metadata)
- Use the Share function to distribute the media content to other users or destinations
- Select/edit/create notification lists
- Publish the media content to predefined destinations
- Check and modify the assets Video parts
Note that Properties, Publishing, Share, Notification, and Video Parts are only a few of the Mediabank components. They can be used in other applications as well.
From this workspace, the Mediaplayer can only play the assets. There are no controls to perform edits or clip parts from the asset. The user can navigate back and forth and play at different speeds.
Just below the Mediaplayer, it is possible to view important details about the asset. The info module provides by default the following information:
- The assets title
- The date the asset was created (in mediabank?)
- Asset ID
- This is the unique id of the asset. Communicating with NEP support about issues regarding an asset? They will ask you for the Asset ID.
- The name and contact ID of the uploader.
- MEDIABANK CONTACT E-mail
- The name of the NEP Mediabank to contact when needed.
Read more about Mediaplayer details in the "3.04.0 Media player" article.
Above the Mediaplayer, is the Title module. The default configuration is to present the assets Title1 and Title2 (Main title and subtitle). This module also contains an action menu combined with a few administration tasks.
To the left of the Mediaplayer is the user's worklist. It is a compressed List view (W2) of the present assets. If a user searches for a specific asset or a collection of assets in the Thumb or List view, the search result is reflected in this (W3) worklist. The user can perform the same searches from this workspace (W3) as well. Another option is to click on the Thumbs upper right corner to load the asset in the MediaPlayer from the Thumbs view workspace (W1).
The tools (Components) in the asset Properties workspace.
The below-described components are located in the metamodule to the right of the mediaplayer.
- A user that wishes to publish a media clip to Youtube or other SOME* platforms, must go to this workspace and select the Publishing component.
- A user can locate the asset technical metadata, view/edit the client-defined metadata, view the asset log, the current status, and much more.
- Use the Quicklink to send a message by SMS or Email to a user/users with a link to the asset for review. These recipients do not need a Mediabank account to see this clip.
- Mediabank uses a notification service that notifies the sender and the receiver(s) when an asset is shared. It notifies when the action was successful or not.
- Video Parts
- View configured video parts for this asset or create new if needed:
Read more about Component details in the "3.02.0 Components" article.
At the bottom of the W3 workspace, all the M-boxes are located. The M-boxes are activated from the components Publishing and Share.
Observe that these components can be used in other modules, workspaces, or Mediabank applications. Customers may decide to place them differently to suit their own workflows.
Read more about M-box details in the "3.07.1 M-box" article.
SOME* = Social Media Platforms
End of article