This guide will cover the livestream player application and how you publish a clip from the livestream to the library.
Find event channel and create a clip
Find the event channel from where you want to create a clip. Simply click the drop-down menu above the player and choose your preferred channel. A useful function to know about before you start is the audio tracks. If there are multiple audio track for the event, you may find and choose which one you would like under the player.
Creating a clip
Creating a Clip is easy.
- Watch the live or buffered stream and press (1) "mark in" to mark the beginning of the clip.
- The Live Player will then
- Mark the starting point (2) (orange text) down to frame level (hh:mm:ss:ff)
- Create a (2) poster image
- Automatically (2) suggest a title. (live stream name + the clip starting time) You may overwrite it.
- Then press (3) "mark out" to set the end time of the clip
- The (4) "out" time is set.
- You may add a (5) descriptive text
- You may also use the (6) "Preview" button to watch the clip. You are free to navigate with the player control buttons to move back an forth trough the clip. Navigate with the accuracy from 10sec, 1sec and down to frame level. Press "mark in" or "mark out" to adjust the clip.
- Finally, (7) create the clip. The clip can have the minimum length of 5 sec and a maximum length of 30 min.
Publish clip to library
Once your clip is ready, it will show up under “Your clips”. You can either download the clip directly to your computer, or you can publish it to your account’s library. A pop-up will appear and give you the option between publishing the web quality version or the broadcast recorder version.
Make sure you fill in the correct metadata in the pop-up. For instance, if you are publishing a goal and there has already been a goal in the match, carefully choose the correct event and time code under the "Select Event" field. Please make sure you choose the correct segment type, camera source and camera type before you click "Publish".
Once the clip is done uploading, you will get an e-mail notification. Your asset will appear at the top because it is the newest asset, making it easy for you to locate it. Finally, you can open it and play through it like any other asset.
A more in-depth guide to Live player is found here: NEP Documentation Live-Player-User-guide