Publishing media content (assets) is done from the Library Asset properties (W3) workspace. The process is straightforward, with predefined templates (forms) to help the user perform the task.
The workflow is simple, and it consists of a few simple steps.
- Select a media file (asset) from Workspace-one, -two, or -three.
- Chose Publish from the metamodule in Workspace three (Asset properties).
- Select destination.
- Check metadata, fill in the publishing and DRM details, and hit the Add to M-box button.
- The media content is now placed in the correct M-box for that destination, almost ready for publishing.
- It is possible to add up to about 40 media files to the publishing M-box before publishing.
- Open publishing M-box, make final adjustments, and hit the Publishing button.
- The Publishing M-box starts to stitch, transcode, log in to SOME platforms, transfer the media content and send notifications to involved users.
Locating the asset from Thumb view (W1) workspace:
(1) Chose Thumb view workspace (W1). Search for the asset, click the asset thumb once to select it (2), click the "arrow" (3) in the thumb's upper right corner to load the Asset properties (W3) workspace. Locate the metamodule to the right side of the mediaplayer, and click the Publishing tab.
The publishing Tab may reveal one or several publishing destinations. Select the desired destination to open its forms. Many of the input fields may already contain pre-filled text, based on the asset's metadata.
The content of these forms is customized for each client and destination.
The below publishing form represents an example setup or "rules set" for published sports media content.
The form may also contain a validation check to secure that all the information (metadata) is correctly entered before the user can add the asset to the M-box.
If the user discovers errors in the asset's metadata, it is possible to correct it and save the newly entered information to the Library before publishing it.
Add to M-box:
The available M-Boxes are located inside the pull-up menu at the bottom of the user's screen.
When all data is correctly entered, press "Add to M-box." A small icon will appear on the M-box (1), notifying the user about the added media file. The user is free to add additional media files before publishing. Click the M-box to publish the media content.."
The publishing service uses M-boxes to distribute the media content. A specific article about M-boxes can be found here: 3.07.1 M-boxes
----- End of article -----