Metadata quality is crucial for Mediabank functions and the performance of our client's services. Securing a high level of service requires a comprehensive amount of useful and structured metadata related to the media content. Since inaccurate metadata causes unpredictable functionality and service deterioration, it is essential to obtain the highest accuracy level.
Even a single asset requires extensive input from the user to meet the need for required metadata.
A user uploading a master or an additional asset to an event wants it to be easy, fast, and secure.
Additional login procedures should be avoided, reducing the manual input as much as possible and securing that the transfer will finish without errors is of great importance to achieve high-quality metadata.
- Using Aspera when uploading will speed up the process and guarantee that the transfer is 100% error-free. It even restarts when interrupted, works in the background, and notifies both sender and receiver when the upload is completed, enabling the user to work on other tasks instantly.
- Login to AdEx is the only login needed, independent of destinations.
- Reducing user inputs to avoid human errors.
- Traditional drop-down menus that provide valid metadata values with a single click.
- Conditional lookup, seeking additional metadata from external sources based on a minimum of input from the user.
- Event lookup within the Library to obtain the structured metadata needed, enabling the uploaded assets to be included in Calendar views or Collections.
How to use Metadata lookup from Events
This article describes how to use the lookup function to retrieve the required metadata from existing Library sports events.
- Start by selecting the asset(s) destined for upload. AdEx supports multiple assets in one operation.
- Use a predefined destination prepared with the appropriate scheme for event lookup.
- Click in the Tag frame to open the scheme. When the metadata is correctly entered, the "complete" sign appears. Not completed or started is visualized by three dots (...)
A default and configurable time range limiting the search area appears. Click on the calendar sign to choose from other defaults or make your own time range.
Entering valid search criteria will eventually narrow down the search results leaving the correct Event. The valid search criteria are visible in the Event-search result frame, visualized with different colors. The search criteria are configurable. In the below example, the following search keys are valid:
Event, Sports Name, Event Date, Event Week Day, and Event Start Time.
If correct, then click the "select event" button.
- The valid metadata keys and values are copied from the event to the asset.
- The user can enter additional values to enhance the search criteria further.
- Press "Done" when finished.
If additional assets are destined for the same Event, it is possible to click "Apply to all files" to automatically add the same metadata to all assets in the upload queue. The user may enter each asset to modify the Categories in step (2) before the upload.
---------- End of article ----------