When working in Review & Approval, the user must be able to navigate with ease and precision within the media file (asset) when creating or reading annotations.
Reviewing annotations created by other users/project members.
Evaluating a project-member annotation is a straightforward process. Simply click on the project-member annotation from the metamodule. The mediaplayer will align itself to the exact In: xx.xx.xx.yy position ready to play the annotation sequence.
Creating your own annotation
Making an annotation is as simple as reading one, just a few more steps. Start reviewing the selected asset (media file). When you notice a scene or sound you wish to comment on, press stop and rewind the mediaplayer to the starting point of the scene you wish to comment on and continue to follow the guide from number (4) below.
- Exact navigation - Enter the timecode and press GO to navigate to a specific location in the media file. The format is hh:mm:ss:ff. Entering 19:12 or 1912 and pressing GO will position the mediaplayer to start at 19 sec and frame 12 into the media file. (calculated from the mediafiles beginning)
- The start/stop button causing the mediaplayer to start or stop playing the mediafile. Clicking on the numbers to the left or right of the start/stop button causes the mediaplayer to jump back or forth with a 1 to 30 seconds time span.
- Reflects the mediaplayers exact position in LTC format.
- Making annotation on a specific sequence in a media file. Position the mediaplayer to the beginning of the desired sequence and press IN. Move to the end of the clip and press OUT. (The sequence entry IN and OUT values are now defined)
- Enter the content text describing the nature of the annotation
- Choose the nature of the annotation from the drop-down menu. Valid choices are:
Internal discussion - This annotation cannot be reviewed by guests using Quicklink.
Discussion - an annotation visible to all users taking part in the discussion.
Change request - a specific request to make changes to the actual revision.
- Press Add annotation to publish the annotation in the metamodule
Press Update annotation to make changes to an existing annotation.
- When a new asset (media file) is uploaded it has the status New (identified by a star icon in the asset worklist). Other valid statuses are:
In progress - It will automatically enter this state when the first user creates an annotation.
Rejected - Selecting Rejected and pressing Submit will cause R&A to ask for a new version for upload, replacing the previous version.
Approved - Selecting Approved and pressing Submit will end the R&A process and continue its workflow (normally moving the asset to the Library).
- Pressing Submit will publish the annotation in the metamodule. The asset status must be "In progress)
- An overview of participants working in the review process. Pressing Submit will notify the participants of a new annotation. To remind a participant it is possible to Poke the user to make its comments, approval, or rejection. This feature is part of the R&A status module.