The Notification service is an essential part of the Mediabank services that enables NEP clients to increase the efficiency for users that is part of complex workflows or processes. The Notification Service is also essential when project groups work in intense environments like review and approval processes. In addition, notification services enable users to collaborate efficiently even when project group members are geographically scattered.
When a user uploads media content using AdEx, publishes media content utilizing Mboxes or makes annotations in Review & Approval, Mediabank uses notification lists to notify selected recipients.
Mediabank still notifies the sender (uploader) and the receiver without the notification lists. However, it is easy to notify resources (colleagues, consultants, non Mediabank users, etc.) using notification lists.
AdEx, Library, Review & Approval, and Compliance support the use of notification lists.
The notification lists are automatically available in all of the above applications when a user creates a list. In addition, the user can choose to keep the list private or share it with other users in Mediabank.
The user is also free to select active notification lists independent of applications in use.
- Create a list and fill in the recipients once. Never do it again.
- The lists are all available in the supported applications
- Every asset can have an active list.
- Assigning a notification list to the media content is essential for review & approval, and compliance collaboration. Writing an annotation in the review process guarantees that every person in that notification list (project group) automatically gets notified.
- Eliminate the possibility of misspelling or overlooking recipients.
- Sending notification to a consultant company or similar but not knowing their address? Use a list from a colleague that contains the recipients.
Another user can, without knowledge of an existing list, choose a new notification list for that media file. However, this is not an issue in daily work. In Adex, the notification list is selected for each upload. In R&A and Compliance, the project groups are small, and the users would notice a change immediately. In Library, the lists are usually not part of the user's daily routines.
When the user (sender) uploads media content to start a review process, Mediabank takes care of the notifications. Every user in a project group will immediately receive notifications that the new media content is ready, and the users can start their process.
Assume a producer uploads media content to Review & Approval (R&A) and use a notification list containing the users working on the approval process. Immediately, every user in that project group is notified when the new media content is ready for the approval process.
(1) Select the list containing the media content's receivers.
(2) This frame displays the content in the "notification" list. The user can add or delete recipients by adding new recipients or deleting the existing ones. The original list remains intact.
Another approach is not to use any predefined list but add recipients in the (2) frame.
Writing an e-mail/phone number like this is ok and will be shown like this: 0046704123456 or 46704123456 or email@example.com
Do not use + sign in front of cell phone numbers. Red text indicates a spelling error.
Mediabank will not discover a misspelling in a correct phone/e-mail format in any notification list. Quicklink or any other application will not notify the user (sender) about failure in the notification delivery.
End of article